Summer is here. School is finally letting out, the warmer weather is here, and all we can think about is the beach. I'm already enjoying my summer vacation and I am also really loving being able to put my summer closet to good use. I always find that there are 10 things in my summer closet that I always end up returning to. They are tried and true essentials that every prep needs in her closet this summer.
1. Chino Shorts -- these are great to have in all colors! You can style then with a classic white tee or a blouse to dress them up. I suggest J.Crew Factory when searching for chino shorts.
2. A go-to dress -- I love to have a go-to dress for each season and for summer that dress is always a Lilly Pulitzer dress. These are so colorful and scream #resort356.
3. Jack Rogers or Palm Beach Sandals -- These are a must for summer! Whether you love Jacks or PBS, both are great. They throwback to classic prep style of the 60's. I suggest purchasing your first pair in a neutral so you can wear them more. My favorite pair are my gold ones from Palm Beach Sandals.
4. A go-to pullover sweater -- for chilly nights on the beach!
6. Sunnies -- These are another must have for summer. I love the club master style; they're so classic! J.Crew Factory makes a great pair of knock offs but the RayBan Clubmasters are the true originals.
7. A good one piece -- I learned the hard way that you should always have at least one one piece in your stash of swimwear. This scalloped ones on the market right now are amazing. I linked a few faves below but check out Target too!
8. A canvas tote -- When I was in the 4th grade I read the Callahan Cousins books and each cousin had their own canvas tote in their favorite color. They carried everything from books, to seashells, and sunscreen in their totes and I always loved the idea of it. I have already ordered my canvas tote for the summer form L.L. Bean and am planning to use it as my purse!
9. Girly blouses -- For times where t-shirts won't cut it, it's always good to have a few flirty and girly blouses in your closet. Places like Forever21, ASOS, SheInside and BooHoo are great for these kinds of tops.
10. A "Dressy" Shoe -- You need a dressy shoe in your closet for things like weddings, dates, and fancy dinners. I suggest the Soludos espadrille wedge. It's easy to walk in and super lightweight for summer.