NYC Recap

I'm sadly back in Richmond no longer in NYC. Over the past four days, my dad and I shared the most amazing time in the city together. We did so many fun and exciting things and shared such great memories. We had such a great time together and y'all have been asking how my trip was so today I wanted to sit down and share all of the details of my trip and answer everyone's questions. ALSO I wanted to quickly thank Carolina Dandy for hooking me up with a great weekender bag for my trip. It was the perfect size for all of my outfits and shoes. Go and order yourself a monogrammed weekender here!! Tell the Lucy sent you!

Wednesday, March 8th

On Wednesday my Dad and I departed Richmond around 8am on a train to New York City. The train ride is about six and a half hours so we pulled in around 2:30. We went straight to the hotel to change. My outfit for the afternoon was my fave J.Crew jeans, a blue Polo oxford, a creme turtleneck layered overtop, lace up flats from Target, and a trench coat. It was a classic yet very trendy outfit...perfect for the New York cold.

We wanted to make the most of our trip so around 3:15 we journeyed off to the Lilly Pulitzer Madison Avenue store (which was beautiful I might add). It was two floors and displayed the most beautiful decor. We ventured from there down Madison to Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Polo, Chloe, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Chanel, Dolce & Gahanna, Tory Burch, and so many other places. When we popped into Kate Spade (a four floor extravaganza I might add) my dad surprised me and bought me the mini Isobel bag in Guava. It was the feature bag of the Spring NYFW collection and I have had my eye on it for a while. For a quick pick me up, when we made it to 66th and Madison, we stopped for something sweet at Ladurée. Let me tell y'all, Blair Waldorf was right - these macarons are amazing. Lemon is my favorite flavor!

For dinner that evening, my dad and I went to the River Cafe. It was a gorgeous french inspired restaurant that sat right beneath the Brooklyn Bridge. Although I hate seafood, I ate a crab cake for dinner that night and honestly it was so food. For dessert, they made me a Brooklyn Bridge out of chocolate *jaw drops*. After dinner, we taxied over to the Barclays Center to watch UVA play Pitt in the ACC tournament. We were back to our hotel by 12:15am and off to sleep by 12:30.

Thursday, March 9th

On Thursday, we started our morning off with breakfast at the Plaza Hotel in the Palm Court Dining Room. Man, was this place gorgeous. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Dad ordered a ham and cheese omelette and I ordered brioche french toast; both meals were amazing. The dining room had Frank Sinatra playing and if you know me you know I could listen to Sinatra all day every day. We also couldn't stop making Home Alone jokes asking where Kevin was or wondering where Donald Trump was to point us in the direction of the lobby.

Once we finished breakfast, we walked across the street to Central Park to take in the beautiful day and shoot some blog pictures. My dad also recently bought a DSLR camera and wanted to practice with it, so he got the opportunity to do that too. From the park, we took a cab over the Rockefeller Plaza to get tickets to Top of the Rock. Top of the Rock is an observation deck on top of Rockefeller Center. You can see the entire city from here, if you're ever in New York take the time to spend about 30 minutes just taking in the views of the city.

Thursday was the perfect temperature. It was about 50 degrees and the sky was as blue as could be. I wore my J.Crew jeans, a white button down from J.Crew and layered it with a navy and white polka dot sweater from Brooks Brothers. For shoes, I wore my leopard print loafer and paired a leopard print belt with the outfit as well. You can check out the outfit here. From Top of the Rock, my dad and I split up. He went to meet an old college buddy and I went to Times Square to Forever 21 but I was literally so exhausted I ended up going to the hotel to take a two hour nap. When my dad came back, it was 5:30 and we changed and went to dinner at Smith & Wollensky. We wined and dined with three of my dads college roommates as well. From dinner we went back to the Barclays Center to watch another UVA game. We were in bed that night around 11:30 because we left the game early.

Friday, March 10th

When we woke up on Friday it was snowing! We decided to stay in the hotel for a little while and had a later start to the morning. We left the hotel around 10:30 and went down the street to Lexington Brass. It's just a little americana Brasserie on E48th and Lexington Ave. By the time we wrapped up breakfast, it was still snowing and was freezing cold so we journeyed to the American Museum of Natural History. We spent almost four hours there, it was all so interesting. We also kept making about how we were going to come back later that night to watch the exhibits come to life (another movie joke).

Once we wrapped up at the museum, we took a cab over to the Vineyard Vines store and then walked around 5th ave and a little bit around Madison ave as well. We spontaneously popped into the Tory Burch store and now I want everything Tory. Dad and I also randomly stopped at a cute little french cafe called Le Pain Quotidien. There are a few around the country, I know in Chicago, D.C., Philadelphia, and Connecticut. The coffee and tea was great but the food was definitely overpriced. I mean I ordered just a cup of in season berries and it cost upwards of 5 dollars but wasn't bigger than an applesauce that you would buy at the grocery store. Nevertheless, the place was great and also had a great bakery for takeout items. It started to really cold around 4:30 so we just ended up going back to the hotel for about an hour to relax, get warm, and change for dinner.

For dinner we only had a few options because it was Friday and we're Catholic so Lent took control of our meals for the day. We were deciding between seafood and Italian food. We stuck with Italian because we knew we could order pizza or pasta and there would be plenty of options. We decided on Italian. After dinner we experience the finale of our trip with a great Broadway show. We saw the Lion King and let me tell y'all, if you are ever in NYC and trying to decide which show to see, see the Lion King. The show had so many great sets and appealed to all senses. They had a life-size elephant walk down the isle (costume of course) along with so many other animals. There's a reason it's been showing for over 20 years.

Saturday, March 11th

We boarded the train on Saturday at 11:02 am and pulled into Richmond at 5:00pm. My dad and I got a private car so he slept while I read and watched Netflix.

It was so great to be able to spend so much time with my Dad. Now that I'm away at college, I don't really get to spend a lot of time with my family. Even when I am home, it's usually for only about 36 hours. It was so great to explore NYC as well, every time I go to the city I always have the best adventures. I am so happy I was able to share in so many memories with my Dad!

Stay Preppy,