10 Summer Essentials
Summer is here. School is finally letting out, the warmer weather is here, and all we can think about is the beach. I'm already enjoying my summer vacation and I am also really loving being able to put my summer closet to good use. I always find that there are 10 things in my summer closet that I always end up returning to. They are tried and true essentials that every prep needs in her closet this summer.
1. Chino Shorts -- these are great to have in all colors! You can style then with a classic white tee or a blouse to dress them up. I suggest J.Crew Factory when searching for chino shorts.
2. A go-to dress -- I love to have a go-to dress for each season and for summer that dress is always a Lilly Pulitzer dress. These are so colorful and scream #resort356.
3. Jack Rogers or Palm Beach Sandals -- These are a must for summer! Whether you love Jacks or PBS, both are great. They throwback to classic prep style of the 60's. I suggest purchasing your first pair in a neutral so you can wear them more. My favorite pair are my gold ones from Palm Beach Sandals.
4. A go-to pullover sweater -- for chilly nights on the beach!
6. Sunnies -- These are another must have for summer. I love the club master style; they're so classic! J.Crew Factory makes a great pair of knock offs but the RayBan Clubmasters are the true originals.
7. A good one piece -- I learned the hard way that you should always have at least one one piece in your stash of swimwear. This scalloped ones on the market right now are amazing. I linked a few faves below but check out Target too!
8. A canvas tote -- When I was in the 4th grade I read the Callahan Cousins books and each cousin had their own canvas tote in their favorite color. They carried everything from books, to seashells, and sunscreen in their totes and I always loved the idea of it. I have already ordered my canvas tote for the summer form L.L. Bean and am planning to use it as my purse!
9. Girly blouses -- For times where t-shirts won't cut it, it's always good to have a few flirty and girly blouses in your closet. Places like Forever21, ASOS, SheInside and BooHoo are great for these kinds of tops.
10. A "Dressy" Shoe -- You need a dressy shoe in your closet for things like weddings, dates, and fancy dinners. I suggest the Soludos espadrille wedge. It's easy to walk in and super lightweight for summer.