15 Facts About Me
Getting to know someone though the internet just isn't the same as getting to know someone in person. Let's face it, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms don't portray real life. They only let you all see what I want for you to see and know about me. I love to share randoms facts about me every now and then to share a little bit more about my personality. It's always nice to see if readers and I have similar interests in smaller things. Let me know if you share any of the same facts below!
1. I went to Catholic school for 9 years. I loved it! In the moment, I complained about being in such a small class size and having a uniform but looking back it was truly an awesome experience. I wish I could go back for one more day.
2. I could watch The Devil Wears Prada everyday for the rest of my life and never get bored of it.
3. I don't like Beyonce's music. I admit, she is talented but I just can't get on board with her albums.
4. I know half of the Carmina Burana scenic cantata. We sang it in high school twice, one of those times being at Lincoln Center in NYC.
5. In high school, I played volleyball, cheered, and played tennis. When I played volleyball, I was outside hitter and when I cheered I was a flyer.
6. I can do different accents from other languages to mimicking celebrities and characters in TV shows. It's so weird but I'm scary good at them.
7. I know every word to every song in Hamilton and every word to every song in Mamma Mia.
8. New York City is my favorite place I have ever been to and my favorite spot in the city is Laduree on Madison Avenue. If you ever get the chance to stop by, get the lemon macaron -- it's amazing!
9. I have had a lot of random medial procedures throughout my life. I have had eye surgery twice, a tumor in my finger, a colonoscopy, and an endoscopy.
10. I was a teacher intern in high school for first and second graders. I went to an elementary school in the morning instead of going to class. I loved it and I still see my kids sometime around Richmond and they still come up and say hello!
11. I hate seafood. I have tried it a few times and just can't warm up to it. My most recent attempt at liking seafood was at the River Cafe in NYC when I ate a crab cake and I thought it was so weird. I wish I liked it, I just don't!
12. One of my favorite things to do at the beach is to sneak out of the house in the morning and watch the sunset by myself. I never tell anybody that I'm going, but I go every year. I always sit out on the shore, pray a little, listen to music and just sit in silence. It's one of the best gifts God has given us so I want to respectfully enjoy it.
13. Even though I live in Richmond, and have for my whole life, I hate going into the city. Going into downtown Richmond literally sends me into panic. There are tons of confusing one way streets and absolutely no parking!
15. I can't sit in silence and listen to someone chew. I hate the sound of it and always have. I know this fact is super gross, but I seriously can't stand the sound of people chewing. I will literally get up and leave the room while people finish their food. This is actually a real phobia called misophonia.